March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Stop Complaining; What Should The President Do? Jack Curtis
- Israel’s War of Restraint Continues Dave the Sage
- Why Does Anyone Defend Hamas And The Palestinian Culture Of Death? Dave the Sage
- The Worldview that Makes the Underclass Dave the Sage
- Church And State When God Is Dead (The Best People Say So …) Jack Curtis
- Current Conditions : 75.4F, Clear - 9:27 AM CDT Jul. 24 July 24, 2014Temperature: 75.4°F | Humidity: 80% | Pressure: 30.05in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 9.0mph
- Thursday as of Jul. 24 10:00 AM CDT July 24, 2014Thursday - Partly cloudy. High of 97F. Breezy. Winds from the SSE at 15 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Thursday Night as of Jul. 24 10:00 AM CDT July 24, 2014Thursday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Low of 72F. Winds from the South at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Friday as of Jul. 24 10:00 AM CDT July 24, 2014Friday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 91F. Winds from the WNW at 10 to 15 mph shifting to the North in the afternoon.
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Unedited Politics
- Villainous Company
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thin Pinstriped Line
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 58,792 views
Find What Your Looking For
- The Bear is Loose nblo.gs/YGrfa 2 hours ago
- The Bear is Loose fb.me/3FmWZ8Qpp 2 hours ago
- The Bear is Loose fb.me/1A8WSAnnp 2 hours ago
- The Bear is Loose wp.me/p1Hw2a-3VT 2 hours ago
- The Bear is Loose wp.me/p1Hw2a-3VT fb.me/3qcqR0eJZ 2 hours ago
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.