March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Keeping the Faith September 14, 2014I can’t speak for you but, this has been the longest summer I can remember. It has had many distractions in my life, and our lives as Christians and citizens of free countries and it seems like none of them were for the good, or at least they seemed to have little good at the […]NEO
- Remembrance and Resolve September 11, 2014Ultima Cumaei venit iam carminis ætas; Magnus ab integro sæclorum nascitur ordo. iam redit et Virgo, redeunt Saturnia regna, iam nova progenies cælo demittitur alto. From the Eclogue of Virgil: And so for the thirteenth time, we remember that day, that day of infamy, in New York, in Pennsylvania, and at the Pentagon, when we […]NEO
- War Weary? September 9, 2014It seems Washington is convinced that America is war-weary. It’s not a completely inane remark. But I’m not sure that it is exactly accurate either. I don’t think there is any doubt at all that America is very tired indeed of watching as Washington sends our matchless military into conflicts with one hand tied behind […]NEO
- Sunday at the Duke’s September 7, 2014They say the Duke of Wellington, after he retired, pretty much chose to not talk about politics. I’ve heard that, anyway, that doesn’t make it true. But I think it makes sense, politics gets old, doesn’t it, and eventually one wants to talk about important things instead. What are important things? Well, whoever they are, […]NEO
- Saturday Roundup September 6, 2014Saturday, again. Bill Whittle is not amused with the way the Middle East is going. I like Bill, because while I nearly always agree with him, he lays it out in a logical manner, like I wish I could do half as well. This one is no exception. God knows, I’ve told Him enough, that […]NEO
- Current Conditions : 64.1F, Clear - 6:50 PM CDT Sep. 15 September 15, 2014Temperature: 64.1°F | Humidity: 59% | Pressure: 30.26in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Monday as of Sep. 15 4:00 PM CDT September 15, 2014Monday - Overcast in the morning, then clear. High of 66F. Breezy. Winds from the NE at 10 to 20 mph.
- Monday Night as of Sep. 15 4:00 PM CDT September 15, 2014Monday Night - Clear. Low of 45F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday as of Sep. 15 4:00 PM CDT September 15, 2014Tuesday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then overcast. High of 66F. Winds from the South at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Villainous Company
- Unedited Politics
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 64,519 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.