March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Current Conditions : 67.7F, Clear - 9:47 PM CDT Jul. 31 August 1, 2014Temperature: 67.7°F | Humidity: 77% | Pressure: 30.06in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Thursday as of Jul. 31 10:00 PM CDT August 1, 2014Thursday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 88F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Thursday Night as of Jul. 31 10:00 PM CDT August 1, 2014Thursday Night - Partly cloudy in the evening, then clear. Low of 57F. Winds from the NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday as of Jul. 31 10:00 PM CDT August 1, 2014Friday - Clear. High of 84F. Winds less than 5 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Unedited Politics
- Villainous Company
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thin Pinstriped Line
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 59,921 views
Find What Your Looking For
- The Theory and Practice of Freedom nblo.gs/YR0s0 11 hours ago
- The Theory and Practice of Freedom fb.me/3fOCFCr3g 11 hours ago
- The Theory and Practice of Freedom fb.me/1v4ALpGGN 11 hours ago
- The Theory and Practice of Freedom wp.me/p1Hw2a-3X5 11 hours ago
- The Theory and Practice of Freedom wp.me/p1Hw2a-3X5 fb.me/1ecqLdmuF 11 hours ago
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.