March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Villainous Company: Ask Not For Whom the Clue Bat Swingeth…. August 22, 2014I have a dilemma. I can’t decide if the author that Cassandra is referring to here is dumber than an empty box of rocks, or is an errant knave. or perhaps both. Watch how a fool is separated from his inane verbiage. It swingeth for thee. In a delightfully entertaining post, Patterico takes on a […]NEO
- Of War and Duty August 22, 2014And so, we come to it, don’t we, ISIS/ISIL/IS has decided they are at war with the United States, which isn’t much surprise. I’m confident that like the other enemies that have found us, such as Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, assorted Barbary Pirates, and a few others, their Hubris will eventually meet […]NEO
- Whittle on Race War, Narratives, and Political Correctness. August 21, 2014This one has been around since 2010 but, nothing has changed, except that Breitbart has multiplied The origin of Political Correctness, from 2012NEO
- Some Thoughts on Ferguson; and the Police August 20, 2014No, I’m not going to tell you who is right or wrong here, I don’t know, and you don’t either. Even the prosecutor doesn’t really have a handle on it yet. I can make any argument you want on it – but it all bulls**t until the facts have been found. Still like many of you, […]NEO
- Of Letters and Bombs August 18, 2014The Anglican Bishop of Leeds had sent a letter to the Prime Minister, my understanding is with the full knowledge and approval of the Archbishop of Canterbury. This is it. Dear Prime Minister, Iraq and IS I am conscious of the speed at which events are moving in Iraq and Syria, and write recognising the […]NEO
- Current Conditions : 65.5F, Clear - 3:40 AM CDT Aug. 23 August 23, 2014Temperature: 65.5°F | Humidity: 98% | Pressure: 29.86in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Saturday as of Aug. 23 4:00 AM CDT August 23, 2014Saturday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 88F. Winds from the South at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Saturday Night as of Aug. 23 4:00 AM CDT August 23, 2014Saturday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Low of 63F. Winds from the SW at 5 to 10 mph shifting to the NW after midnight. Chance of rain 20%.
- Sunday as of Aug. 23 4:00 AM CDT August 23, 2014Sunday - Partly cloudy. High of 84F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Villainous Company
- Unedited Politics
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 62,032 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.