April 23, 2012 Leave a comment
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
If you are able, save them a place inside you,
And save one backward glance when you are leaving,
for the places they can no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say you loved them,
though you may, or may not have always.
Take what they have left, and what they have
taught you with their dying, and keep it as your own.
And in that time that when men decide, and feel safe,
to call the war insane, take one moment,
to embrace these gentle heroes you left behind.
By Major Michael Davis O’Donnell
Vietnam had its iconic poems, tunes and laments as well. One of the more famous poems was by a helicopter pilot; Major Michael Davis O’Donnell. This was written on New Year’s Day, 1970 at Dak To. Major O’Donnell was killed three months later when his helicopter was shot down with twelve souls aboard. His helicopter was hit by ground fire while rescuing troops who had come under heavy fire.
from JONATHAN TURLEY's Blog
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Villainous Company
- Unedited Politics
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thin Pinstriped Line
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
- The Anchoress
- Small Town Nebraska
- Roger Tharpe
- Roger Pearse
- Researching Food History - Cooking and Dining
- Right Wing Nuts and Bolts
Posts I Like
Find What Your Looking For
- Ed Miliband and Other Useless Mouths nblo.gs/MkheT 13 hours ago
- Ed Miliband and Other Useless Mouths fb.me/IdH0lFmw 13 hours ago
- Ed Miliband and Other Useless Mouths fb.me/2Ac3OTCuU 13 hours ago
- Ed Miliband and Other Useless Mouths wp.me/p1Hw2a-2JA 13 hours ago
- Waiting for Barbarians nblo.gs/MiVZu 1 day ago
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.