July 26, 2012 3 Comments
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Why Does Anyone Defend Hamas And The Palestinian Culture Of Death? Dave the Sage
- The Worldview that Makes the Underclass Dave the Sage
- Church And State When God Is Dead (The Best People Say So …) Jack Curtis
- SEMI-NEWS: A Satire of Recent News Dave the Sage
- Defending Liberty From All Her Enemies Dave the Sage
- Current Conditions : 86.7F, Clear - 1:34 PM CDT Jul. 22 July 22, 2014Temperature: 86.7°F | Humidity: 49% | Pressure: 30.14in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 6.0mph
- Tuesday as of Jul. 22 10:00 AM CDT July 22, 2014Tuesday - Partly cloudy in the morning, then clear. High of 91F. Winds from the NE at 10 to 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night as of Jul. 22 10:00 AM CDT July 22, 2014Tuesday Night - Clear in the evening, then partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain. Low of 63F. Winds from the ENE at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Wednesday as of Jul. 22 10:00 AM CDT July 22, 2014Wednesday - Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 86F. Winds from the ESE at 5 to 15 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Unedited Politics
- Villainous Company
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thin Pinstriped Line
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 58,605 views
Find What Your Looking For
- Gaza, Israel, and Respect for Life nblo.gs/YCf7H 4 hours ago
- Gaza, Israel, and Respect for Life fb.me/6KW0PedzV 5 hours ago
- Gaza, Israel, and Respect for Life fb.me/3PeEcnflf 5 hours ago
- Gaza, Israel, and Respect for Life wp.me/p1Hw2a-3VB 5 hours ago
- Gaza, Israel, and Respect for Life wp.me/p1Hw2a-3VB fb.me/6BPGowDfw 5 hours ago
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.