July 26, 2012 3 Comments
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Cell Phones, Congress And Common Sense! Jack Curtis
- Paul Ryan Lays Out Battle Plan To Win War On Poverty. Liberals Shun It, Conservatives Ignore It Cultural Limits
- Dodging Bullets NEO
- Suffer The Children As Adults Use Them To Play Geo-Political Games Cultural Limits
- The Imperial President Dave the Sage
- Current Conditions : 66.5F, Clear - 11:33 PM CDT Jul. 29 July 30, 2014Temperature: 66.5°F | Humidity: 86% | Pressure: 30.17in (Steady) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Tuesday as of Jul. 29 10:00 PM CDT July 30, 2014Tuesday - Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain, then a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 81F. Winds from the ESE at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Tuesday Night as of Jul. 29 10:00 PM CDT July 30, 2014Tuesday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain, then thunderstorms and a chance of rain after midnight. Low of 59F. Winds from the East at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Wednesday as of Jul. 29 10:00 PM CDT July 30, 2014Wednesday - Partly cloudy with a chance of rain. High of 82F. Winds from the SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Unedited Politics
- Villainous Company
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thin Pinstriped Line
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 59,676 views
Find What Your Looking For
- An outstanding perspective fb.me/6EsRTqjMT 12 hours ago
- The King’s Prerogative nblo.gs/YMQ9j 15 hours ago
- The King’s Prerogative fb.me/6zPANzodv 15 hours ago
- The King’s Prerogative fb.me/2IwPSOsCb 15 hours ago
- The King’s Prerogative wp.me/p1Hw2a-3WL 15 hours ago
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.