July 26, 2012 3 Comments
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Some Thoughts on Ferguson; and the Police August 20, 2014No, I’m not going to tell you who is right or wrong here, I don’t know, and you don’t either. Even the prosecutor doesn’t really have a handle on it yet. I can make any argument you want on it – but it all bulls**t until the facts have been found. Still like many of you, […]NEO
- Of Letters and Bombs August 18, 2014The Anglican Bishop of Leeds had sent a letter to the Prime Minister, my understanding is with the full knowledge and approval of the Archbishop of Canterbury. This is it. Dear Prime Minister, Iraq and IS I am conscious of the speed at which events are moving in Iraq and Syria, and write recognising the […]NEO
- A New Site August 17, 2014We wrote yesterday about Jessica having to take her site All Along the Watchtower private due to some bigots applying pressure. Simply shameful. But what’s done is done. And so the Watchtower with its treasure of information on Christianity is no longer open access, although it still exists. A sad thing, really. Those of you […]NEO
- A Remembrance of Freedom August 16, 2014This will be likely the saddest post seen in many days on NEO. I think you all know by now, that I am very definitely an Anglophile, I love the English nearly as much as I do the Americans but, it is increasingly becoming a dysfunctional relationship, as Britain sinks into being simply another European […]NEO
- Video Friday August 15, 2014Let’s start with Bill Whittle on Putin (Hint: he’s not a friend of freedom) And Andrew Klavan explains income redistribution Simplified a bit, he doesn’t account for the huge overhead involved but, he is correct. Bill Whittle again on Robin Williams and 20 other very important people who died that day. A few […]NEO
- Current Conditions : 70.3F, Clear - 2:48 AM CDT Aug. 21 August 21, 2014Temperature: 70.3°F | Humidity: 90% | Pressure: 29.82in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Thursday as of Aug. 21 4:00 AM CDT August 21, 2014Thursday - Partly cloudy. High of 93F. Winds from the West at 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night as of Aug. 21 4:00 AM CDT August 21, 2014Thursday Night - Partly cloudy. Low of 66F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Friday as of Aug. 21 4:00 AM CDT August 21, 2014Friday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 88F. Winds from the North at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Villainous Company
- Unedited Politics
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- Thin Pinstriped Line
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 61,835 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.