July 26, 2012 3 Comments
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Labor Day September 1, 2014English: Col. Theodore Roosevelt. Crop of Image:Theodore Roosevelt, 1898.png with minor Photoshop cleanup עברית: תאודור רוזוולט (Photo credit: Wikipedia) In North America today is Labor Day. If you’re a Canuck you can put the ‘u’ back in there for yourself. Theodore Roosevelt was a practical sort of man. Nobody ever accused him of being lazy […] […]NEO
- The Self-Loathing of the British (and American) Left August 31, 2014You know, this is pretty interesting, and in truth, more and more it applies to the US as well. It’s not a pretty picture, and it’s not new either. Everytime I read this type of thing I’m reminded of senior British Labor politicians, as well as American ones like Teddy Kennedy visiting Moscow and advising […]NEO
- Happy Saturday, Finally! August 30, 2014Redneck environmentalism? You bet. Tip of the Stetson to Cultural Limits at Rat Nation When a ginger has her back to the wall, she summons the stolen souls pic.twitter.com/QZCD7Gtuyx — KBDaBear (@kbdabear) August 29, 2014 And I think I’ll move to the Republic of BillNEO
- What’s a Strategy? August 29, 2014Well, we have no strategy, he says. I would bet a lot of money that I don’t have that the intelligence and defense communities, and maybe even the state department have some ideas and probably some full blown strategies but, he doesn’t like them. Why? Most likely because they consist of the military breaking some […]NEO
- Klavan Speakes Leftist August 28, 2014A short glossary. Heh!NEO
- Current Conditions : 62.2F, Clear - 8:30 PM CDT Sep. 1 September 2, 2014Temperature: 62.2°F | Humidity: 85% | Pressure: 29.90in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Monday as of Sep. 1 4:00 PM CDT September 1, 2014Monday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and a chance of rain in the afternoon. High of 77F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
- Monday Night as of Sep. 1 4:00 PM CDT September 1, 2014Monday Night - Partly cloudy. Low of 52F. Winds less than 5 mph.
- Tuesday as of Sep. 1 4:00 PM CDT September 1, 2014Tuesday - Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 81F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- Watcher of Weasels
- Villainous Company
- Unedited Politics
- Two Nerdy History Girls
- Thomas Sowell's Townhall.com Column
- The Tree of Mamre
- The Freelance History Writer
- The Daley Gator
- The D.C. Clothesline
Posts I Like
- 62,960 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.