New York Does Need More Gun Control
August 28, 2012 17 Comments
Bet you never thought you’d see that title here, did you? But they really, really do. You remember that shoot out by the Empire State Building the other day, I’m sure. As it happened when the police showed up the shooter quit shooting. It turns out that at least three bystanders were shot by the police, and six more hit by fragments, which I assume means like chips of granite or cement. In addition the shooter took seven rounds, which seems a bit much.So yes New York needs more gun control. They need to teach their police department to hit the X ring and then quit. The story below is from Tarpon’s Swamp.
Maybe Mayor Bloomberg could get the NRA to teach a marksmanship course.
The shooter didn’t fire another shot, after killing his intended victim.NYPD chief Ray Kelly confirmed today that all nine bystanders wounded in yesterday’s shooting near the Empire State Building were injured by police bullets, reports CNN. The two officers who approached Jeffrey Johnson fired 16 rounds after he pulled his gun on them at point-blank range, and authorities think at least seven rounds hit Johnson, reports Gothamist. (See surveillance video of the shooting here.)“We recovered whole bullets from two of the victims,” Kelly said. “Actually, we think a total of the three out of the nine bystanders were struck with bullets, the rest were struck with fragments of some sort.” Of the nine, six were treated and released from local hospitals by this morning. The other three were in stable condition, reports the New York Times. It remains unclear whether Johnson got off any rounds himself after pointing his gun at police.What do we do, when the cops shoot people???
- NYPD: The Gang That Couldn’t Shoot Sraight (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Gun – Out of – Control: All NINE Wounded at ESB Hit by NYPD (gestetnerupdates.com)
- Gun Control Means Hitting Your Target (hogewash.com)
- Empire State Building Shooting Wrongly Hyped as ‘Mass Shooting’ by Media (dprogram.net)
- Empire State Building shooting victims say NYPD fired ‘randomly’ into street (guardian.co.uk)
- Shootout raises questions for NYPD (salon.com)