Romney Camp Removing Rules Committee Members | FreedomWorks
August 28, 2012 18 Comments
Apparently, it’s true. The establishment Republicans don’t want us any more than the dems do. This comes from Michael Duncan of Freedom Works. I had a similar e-mail from Laura Ebke the chairman of RLC Nebraska a few minutes ago. Many of us have said for a long time that their status as insiders and going to the right cocktail parties is more important to the establishment than either liberty or winning. This would tend to bear that out. Personally, I think that there is no choice but to elect Romney no matter what but, I also think that next year it may be time for a new party to arise out of the majority of the GOP.
You did notice that the ‘news networks’ aren’t covering this, didn’t you?
Meantime contact your delegates as quickly as you can, this is going down very quickly.
I just got off the phone with a concerned Florida activist, Laura Noble, who informed me that both of Florida’s Rules Committee members, Peter Feaman and Kathleen King, have been removed from the Rules committee and replaced with Romney-appointed delegates.
Clearly anticipating a grassroots backlash against the “compromise” on Rule 15 and the changes on Rule 12 has caused the Romney camp to preemptively replace delegates to ensure they have support on the Rules Committee.
It’s enough to make your blood boil. Please call your state’s Rules Committee delegates here and ask that they oppose the “compromise” on Rule 15, oppose the changes to Rule 12, and support the full Minority Reports on the Rules.
Follow our coverage of the fallout between the Romney camp and grassroots activists at these links:
- Tea Party: RNC Is Pushing to Eliminate Grassroots Influence (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Urgent Action Needed… RNC Is Pushing to Eliminate Grassroots Influence (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Tea Party Push For A GOP Floor Fight Over 2016 Rles (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Rule changes forced through by Romney campaign at RNC provoke grassroots backlash (rawstory.com)
- GOP Elitists aspire to replicate the Whigs. “If this is how it’s going to be, I don’t want to be a Republican.” (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Richard Viguerie: Romney’s Agents Attempt Coup at GOP Convention (faithinspires.wordpress.com)
- Texas Gop Revolt (theburningplatform.com)