March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people
Theodore Roosevelt 1907
- Building Men Fit for Use August 29, 2015A bit over a year ago, Jessica took this blog private to help protect her contributors professionally. It was a …Continue reading →NEO
- Seeking the kingdom? August 28, 2015There was an implication in my last one that the sort of faith I was fed in my youth, concentrating …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- On the defensive August 27, 2015If the Catholic Church has given the impression that it is opposed to the modern world, that would be because …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- What went wrong? August 27, 2015In the beginning was the Father. The Father Almighty. I grasped that early when we recited the Creed. I …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Land of lost content? August 26, 2015It’s easy enough (which is why I do it) to look at society as it is now and to compare …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Current Conditions : 57.0F, Clear - 2:47 AM CDT Aug. 30 August 30, 2015Temperature: 57.0°F | Humidity: 93% | Pressure: 30.05in (Rising) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SE | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Sunday as of Aug. 29 11:03 PM CDT August 30, 2015Sunday - A mainly sunny sky. High near 90F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.
- Sunday Night as of Aug. 29 11:03 PM CDT August 30, 2015Sunday Night - Mostly clear. Low 61F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
- Monday as of Aug. 29 11:03 PM CDT August 30, 2015Monday - Partly cloudy. High 89F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Organized Lunacy
- Gardens, Combines, and Memories
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- Beef and Sweet Tea
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- Judica Me, Deus
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
Posts I Like
- 91,374 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.