March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
As I have said, there are two points or two characteristics of the Radical programme which it is your special duty to resist. One concerns the freedom of individuals. After all, the great characteristic of this country is that it is a free country, and by a free country I mean a country where people are allowed, so long as they do not hurt their neighbours, to do as they like. I do not mean a country where six men may make five men do exactly as they like. That is not my notion of freedom.
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury,
Speech to the third annual banquet of the Kingston and District Working Men's Conservative Association (13 June, 1883).
Translate Nebraska Energy Observer
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Blogs I Follow
- The Reeducation of an English Major
- From the Green Notebook
- Organized Lunacy
- Doug's Scribbles and Ramblings
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- The Exhausted West? December 8, 2016The post which follows, Jessica wrote for Christmas week in 2013 on NEO. It is one of those posts I …Continue reading →NEO
- A Remarkable Faith December 7, 2016It’s funny sometimes, how things come together. Last night, I was looking at some old posts on NEO, thinking about …Continue reading →NEO
- BuzzFeed’s hit piece on Chip and Joanna Gaines is dangerous (and annoying) December 6, 2016There was a hit piece published on Buzzfeed last week on Chip and Joanna Gaines last week. If you don’t …Continue reading →NEO
- Faith: an Advent reflection December 4, 2016David Cameron came in for a deal of mockery for his comment that for him, faith was like a poor …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- A topsy-turvy world? December 3, 2016The French National Assembly has approved a bill which would criminalise pro-life websites which it says “exert psychological or moral …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- 122,008 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.