March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people
Theodore Roosevelt 1907
- Toward Advent: a reflection November 27, 2015It comes in the darkest time of the year for those of us in the northern hemisphere, and at a …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Thanks and Thanksgiving November 26, 2015I am touched beyond words by what my dearest friend Dave (Neo) wrote today and will break my silence to …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- Happy Thanksgiving November 26, 2015Today, in America is Thanksgiving Day. It is a day of celebration of what we have made of God’s gift …Continue reading →NEO
- Christianity in the public square November 25, 2015One reflection on the fuss over the showing of the advertisement for the Lord’s Prayer in cinemas, would be that …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Honest doubt November 24, 2015There lives more faith in honest doubt, Believe me, than in half the creeds So wrote old Tennyson in In …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Current Conditions : 18.8F, Overcast - 9:11 AM CST Nov. 27 November 27, 2015Temperature: 18.8°F | Humidity: 78% | Pressure: 30.57in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: North | Wind Speed: 4.0mph
- Today as of Nov. 27 5:42 AM CST November 27, 2015Today - Cloudy. Slight chance of flurries in the morning. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph.
- Tonight as of Nov. 27 5:42 AM CST November 27, 2015Tonight - Cloudy. Lows around 16. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the evening then becoming light.
- Saturday as of Nov. 27 5:42 AM CST November 27, 2015Saturday - Cloudy. Slight chance of light freezing drizzle through the day. Highs in the upper 20s. Light winds. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Organized Lunacy
- Gardens, Combines, and Memories
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- Beef and Sweet Tea
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Begiato Muses on History
Posts I Like
- 97,670 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.