March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people
Theodore Roosevelt 1907
- The Feast day of the Bl John Henry Newman October 9, 2015Today we mark the feast of the Blessed John Henry Newman – one of the spiritual and intellectual giants of …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- God’s love October 8, 2015Newman described well the type of Christian who is so worried about ‘Judgement’ that she never shares the joy of …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Boundaries and God’s Church October 7, 2015From time to time our friend Bosco tells us that Catholics believe that their Church is the only real Church. …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Declaration of Faith in the Sacrament of Marriage October 6, 2015I have largely kept silence in respect of the present abominable Sex Synod, for two reasons: 1) I need to …Continue reading →quiavideruntoculi
- Prosperity Gospel? October 6, 2015One of the most puzzling phenomena of modern Christianity for me is the idea of the ‘prosperity Gospel’. The notion …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Current Conditions : 41.7F, Rain - 6:42 AM CDT Oct. 9 October 9, 2015Temperature: 41.7°F | Humidity: 97% | Pressure: 30.35in (Steady) | Conditions: Rain | Wind Direction: WNW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph
- Early This Morning as of Oct. 9 4:12 AM CDT October 9, 2015Early This Morning - Clear. Light winds.
- Today as of Oct. 9 4:12 AM CDT October 9, 2015Today - Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s. Light winds.
- Tonight as of Oct. 9 4:12 AM CDT October 9, 2015Tonight - Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming clear. Lows in the upper 40s. South winds around 10 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Organized Lunacy
- Gardens, Combines, and Memories
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- Beef and Sweet Tea
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Begiato Muses on History
Posts I Like
- 94,015 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.