March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- The Irish referendum: a contrarian’s view May 22, 2015Today Ireland will vote in a referendum on whether to approve of ‘same sex marriage’, and this, in the same …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- The Sovereignty of God and His Election May 21, 2015This is a copy of a sermon I recently delivered at my church. Readings Isaiah 46:8-13 Romans 9:10-24 2 Timothy …Continue reading →njb4725
- Outside the Church? May 20, 2015Faith in Christ is necessary for salvation. What does that mean? For me it means faith that Jesus is the …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- In the public square? May 19, 2015On the whole we’ve been fortunate in the West in having States which have tended to look upon the Christian …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Reflections on suffering May 18, 2015We’re to profit what whatever the Lord sends. That’s not to say he sends the suffering, simply that in this …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Current Conditions : 53.0F, Overcast - 2:09 AM CDT May. 23 May 23, 2015Temperature: 53.0°F | Humidity: 98% | Pressure: 30.11in (Steady) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: South | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Saturday as of May. 23 1:04 AM CDT May 23, 2015Saturday - Rain showers in the morning with thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. High 61F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Saturday Night as of May. 23 1:04 AM CDT May 23, 2015Saturday Night - Thunderstorms likely. Low near 55F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
- Sunday as of May. 23 1:04 AM CDT May 23, 2015Sunday - Scattered thunderstorms, especially in the morning. A few storms may be severe. High 76F. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
- Areal Flood Warning - Expires: 10:15 AM CDT May 23, 2015Areal Flood Warning for Dawson County in effect until 10:15 AM CDT on May 27, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- Beef and Sweet Tea
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- Judica Me, Deus
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
Posts I Like
- 84,283 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.