March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Happy Easter Week to all March 29, 2015 Carl D'Agostino
- In support of our priests, our families and our Church March 29, 2015Along with many other Catholic bloggers, I am joining a move this Palm Sunday to ask those who are willing …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Gospel Year B (4) Gethsemane March 29, 2015Mark 14:1-15:47 (part 4) God knows all things, and Jesus knew Peter’s weakness, even when Peter was most emphatic; we …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Palm Sunday Year B (3) The Last Supper March 29, 2015Mark 14:1-15:47 (part 3) We know from the Didache (9) and Justin Martyr (First Apology 65-66) that the early Church followed the practice …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Palm Sunday Year B (2) Judas March 29, 2015Mark 14:1-15:47 (part 2) St Cyprian points out how patient Jesus is, even with Judas, whom he knows will betray him. …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Current Conditions : 62.9F, Clear - 6:33 PM CDT Mar. 29 March 29, 2015Temperature: 62.9°F | Humidity: 16% | Pressure: 30.13in ( Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: WNW | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Sunday as of Mar. 29 4:50 PM CDT March 29, 2015Sunday - Mainly clear. Lows overnight in the low 40s.
- Sunday Night as of Mar. 29 4:50 PM CDT March 29, 2015Sunday Night - A few passing clouds. Low near 40F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday as of Mar. 29 4:50 PM CDT March 29, 2015Monday - Sunny skies. High 78F. SW winds shifting to NNW at 10 to 20 mph.
- Fire Weather Warning - Expires: 7:00 PM CDT March 29, 2015Fire Weather Warning for Dawson County in effect until 7:00 PM CDT on March 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- Beef and Sweet Tea
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- Judica Me, Deus
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
- World History Blog
Posts I Like
- 80,435 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.