March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
As I have said, there are two points or two characteristics of the Radical programme which it is your special duty to resist. One concerns the freedom of individuals. After all, the great characteristic of this country is that it is a free country, and by a free country I mean a country where people are allowed, so long as they do not hurt their neighbours, to do as they like. I do not mean a country where six men may make five men do exactly as they like. That is not my notion of freedom.
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury,
Speech to the third annual banquet of the Kingston and District Working Men's Conservative Association (13 June, 1883).
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Blogs I Follow
- From the Green Notebook
- Organized Lunacy
- Doug's Scribbles and Ramblings
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Gnostics? May 27, 2016One of the earliest and most persistent dangers to the faith was given the general name ‘Gnosticism’ – from the …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- Hot button issues (2) Homosexuality May 26, 2016‘People looking into the Church can think it’s a really homophobic environment’ – the words are those of the …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- Hot button issues (1); Abortion May 25, 2016Fifty seven million babies have been killed in their mother’s wombs in the United States since Roe versus Wade. In …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- Spirituality? May 24, 2016Diversity isn’t about uniformity – we’re not trying to find one way that suits everyone – the only thing that …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- Diversity? May 23, 2016In some circles you only have to mention the word and eyes will roll, but what of it? Whether we …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- 110,765 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.