March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- This is the catholic faith April 26, 2015One of the joys of this blog has always been that we can come together here from our various traditions …Continue reading →NEO
- Gospel, 4th Sunday of Easter Year B April 26, 2015John 10:11-18 St Augustine, noting that Jesus says that the Good Shepherd enters through door, and that Jesus is the …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Being and not being a Christian? April 25, 2015There are, gathered here on this blog, a wide variety of those who confess the name of Jesus as the …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Veiling, a disappearing reverence April 24, 2015Go to any Roman Catholic, Anglo Catholic or Orthodox Mass today and the chances are you will see very few …Continue reading →orthodoxgirl99
- To Relate April 23, 2015In reading our discussions lately, it has struck me that sometimes we conflate words to get to places we didn’t …Continue reading →NEO
- Current Conditions : 52.0F, Overcast - 8:35 PM CDT Apr. 26 April 27, 2015Temperature: 52.0°F | Humidity: 76% | Pressure: 30.01in ( Falling) | Conditions: Overcast | Wind Direction: East | Wind Speed: 1.0mph
- Sunday as of Apr. 26 4:55 PM CDT April 26, 2015Sunday - Considerable cloudiness. Lows overnight in the upper 30s.
- Sunday Night as of Apr. 26 4:55 PM CDT April 26, 2015Sunday Night - Considerable cloudiness. Low 37F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday as of Apr. 26 4:55 PM CDT April 26, 2015Monday - Partly cloudy skies. High around 65F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- Beef and Sweet Tea
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- Judica Me, Deus
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
- Ye Olde Soapbox
Posts I Like
- 82,396 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.