March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
As I have said, there are two points or two characteristics of the Radical programme which it is your special duty to resist. One concerns the freedom of individuals. After all, the great characteristic of this country is that it is a free country, and by a free country I mean a country where people are allowed, so long as they do not hurt their neighbours, to do as they like. I do not mean a country where six men may make five men do exactly as they like. That is not my notion of freedom.
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury,
Speech to the third annual banquet of the Kingston and District Working Men's Conservative Association (13 June, 1883).
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Blogs I Follow
- The Reeducation of an English Major
- From the Green Notebook
- Organized Lunacy
- Doug's Scribbles and Ramblings
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Comfort Catholicism? August 27, 2016One of the most reliable of Catholic commentators is Msgr Charles Pope. He always has something good to say, and …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Moses wrote all of the Pentateuch? August 27, 2016Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force …Continue reading →Nicholas
- Catholic higher education (2) August 26, 2016It would be a legitimate question to ask whether one could in all seriousness write about Catholic higher education in …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- Catholic higher education (1) August 25, 2016What does it mean to be a Catholic University in the public square? By that, I mean a University which …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- The history of religion August 24, 2016The former Primus of the Scottish Episcopal Church (1992-2000), the Right Rev Richard Holloway has just published a book called A …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- 116,765 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.