March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern.
But that reasoning cannot be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final. No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people.
Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.
- Too much about sex? July 2, 2015One problem the churches have with the subject of this post is that they tend to discuss it in the …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Going Forward. July 1, 2015View image | gettyimages.com I was saddened and disturbed as many of you were with the decisions SCOTUS made last …Continue reading →NEO
- Where do we go from here? June 30, 2015Throughout the Western world the number of professing Christians is shrinking. Even within their ranks, the definition of what constitutes …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Crowns of Glory and Honor June 29, 2015It seems to me that marriage has a very specific historical and cultural, specifically religious, understanding that has never, at …Continue reading →No Man's Land
- Connecting with reality June 29, 2015Now there’s a provocative title from an old Baptist – ho, ho, ho, a believer in the sky fairy calling …Continue reading →Geoffrey RS Sales
- Current Conditions : 83.0F, Scattered Clouds - 5:31 PM CDT Jul. 2 July 2, 2015Temperature: 83.0°F | Humidity: 51% | Pressure: 29.97in (Steady) | Conditions: Scattered Clouds | Wind Direction: NNW | Wind Speed: 8.0mph
- Thursday as of Jul. 2 2:04 PM CDT July 2, 2015Thursday - Partly cloudy. Lows overnight in the low 60s.
- Thursday Night as of Jul. 2 2:04 PM CDT July 2, 2015Thursday Night - Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Low near 60F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday as of Jul. 2 2:04 PM CDT July 2, 2015Friday - Sunshine and clouds mixed. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 83F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Top Posts & Pages
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- Beef and Sweet Tea
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- Judica Me, Deus
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Joanne Bailey Muses on History
- Transparency Report
- The Nice Thing About Strangers
Posts I Like
- 87,077 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.