March 10, 2012 2 Comments
Filed under Uncategorized
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
As I have said, there are two points or two characteristics of the Radical programme which it is your special duty to resist. One concerns the freedom of individuals. After all, the great characteristic of this country is that it is a free country, and by a free country I mean a country where people are allowed, so long as they do not hurt their neighbours, to do as they like. I do not mean a country where six men may make five men do exactly as they like. That is not my notion of freedom.
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury,
Speech to the third annual banquet of the Kingston and District Working Men's Conservative Association (13 June, 1883).
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Blogs I Follow
- From the Green Notebook
- Organized Lunacy
- Doug's Scribbles and Ramblings
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Omaha News & World Report
- Shootin' the Breeze
- Ace of Spades HQ Blackout Blog
- Speaking about Jesus April 29, 2016One of the excitements in my new Church is that we do not simply talk about love and then …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- Evangelising? April 28, 2016Living in a university city – one of the most secular in the UK – and being part of a …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- The Fruits of the Spirit April 27, 2016A few thoughts on Galatians 5:16-25 in the light of some of our recent discussions. As in Romans 8:5-8, Paul warns …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- A sense of sin? April 26, 2016One of the disappointing things about the Michael Voris confession was the reaction of some people – one on-line journal …Continue reading →JessicaHof
- St Mark April 25, 2016St Mark’s Gospel is the shortest of the four Gospels, and perhaps for that reason, and because much of the …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- 108,769 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.