July 26, 2012 3 Comments
Lineman, Electrician, Industrial Control technician, Staking Engineer, Inspector, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Operations Officer
A Reminder of Our Heritage
As I have said, there are two points or two characteristics of the Radical programme which it is your special duty to resist. One concerns the freedom of individuals. After all, the great characteristic of this country is that it is a free country, and by a free country I mean a country where people are allowed, so long as they do not hurt their neighbours, to do as they like. I do not mean a country where six men may make five men do exactly as they like. That is not my notion of freedom.
Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury,
Speech to the third annual banquet of the Kingston and District Working Men's Conservative Association (13 June, 1883).
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Posts I Like
Blogs I Follow
- The Reeducation of an English Major
- From the Green Notebook
- Organized Lunacy
- Doug's Scribbles and Ramblings
- We're History
- Charlie R. Claywell
- Journey Towards Easter
- My Daily Musing
- An Unlikely Wanderer
- Think Defence
- The Catechesis of Caroline
- Changing Skin and other stories
- Politics and Religion October 25, 2016When I was young, my father, who rarely spoke about such things anyway, advised me never to talk about politics …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- The illusion of progress October 24, 2016At the heart of the attitude evidenced in the comments of the Clinton campaign about Catholicism is a common enough …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- The Church and the Nations October 24, 2016One of my favourite songs is I Vow to Thee, My Country, which uses an adapted version of Holst’s Jupiter. …Continue reading →Nicholas
- Patronising and insulting October 23, 2016The last acceptable prejudice is the one which was the subject of Cardinal Dolan’s comments which form the title of …Continue reading →chalcedon451
- This apple tastes funny… October 23, 2016Matthew 7:15-20: Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. You will …Continue reading →Nicholas
- 119,120 views
You’re St. Melito of Sardis!
You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.