Obamacare Schadenfreude: Part 8976
November 21, 2013 Leave a comment
OK, we’ll talk some reality about Obamacare, AKA Obamadon’tcare, AKA 404Care AKA a dozen others saying much the same thing.
Personally, I think the website broke the concept beyond repair, the young
people men boys he needs to subsidise everybody else have gone back to their video games and whatever else they use the insulate themselves from real life. As near as I can tell their attention span is about ten minutes, if there is a pretty girl involved otherwise its about 30 seconds, and time’s up. $95 dollar fine? Who cares that about a weeks worth of Starbucks scattered over a year. Over and done, stick a fork in it.
The other thing is, even if they get the website to work, which is unlikely, the other anomalies will kill it.
Understand this, 404Care isn’t healthcare, it’s a chance to buy insurance, executed properly, in some alternate universe it might even have been useful. But here, where the sky is blue, it’s not. Why? Because with the limited number of plans available and the narrowness of providers, you’re screwed. You’re screwed, even if your identity doesn’t get stolen, which is likely as well.
Why? Because healthcare is properly defined as having a doctor and/or hospital take care of you when you are sick or injured. Depending on your choices, insurance is a valid way of paying for that (which is required, since Obamacare, before that doctors and hospitals were required to provide minimal, lifesaving care, free, if necessary.) 80 years ago, chickens and/or eggs worked, cash nearly always works, nearly anywhere. The way this is written, since I’m from Nebraska, if I go see Mt. Rushmore, and get food poisoning (because I’m too stupid to refrigerate my potato salad, say) I’d better be tough, cause I ain’t going to see a doctor in South Dakota, unless I have cash, of course.
In other words, insurance isn’t worth a damn, if no one will honor it, you could just as well light a cigar with that $500 a month.
And here’s some links for you:
And on, and on, and on, ad nauseum.
If they don’t get this figured out, figure on repeal by the end of January 2015, over the veto of the President on an almost party line vote, unless the stupid party turns into the imbecilic party. Which, of course, is not beyond the realm of the possible.
Also: Pay attention Common Core is heating up again, Arne Duncan’s arrogance sets it off again, and the fact that it lowers math expectations by about TWO YEARS doesn’t help a bit.
- How Badly Will ObamaCare Screw You? Answers Here! (theinternetpost.net)
- ROGER KIMBALL: Obama And The Limits Of Schadenfreude. “I suspect that one of the reasons Obama’s… (pjmedia.com)
- Middle Class R.i.p. (theburningplatform.com)
- The Irony and Schadenfreude Runs Deep in This Story (antzinpantz.wordpress.com)
- Affordable Care Act: The Problems Keep Mounting… (Part 1) (demmyproject2013.com)
- Another Liberal Stooge Loses His Insurance Because of #ObamaCare (blackmailersdontshoot.com)
- Another Illegal ObamaCare Fix? (volokh.com)
- Obamacare Has Built-In Bailout Mechanism For Insurance Companies (youviewed.com)
- Obamacare Report Card: Time to Nullify (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Insurance commissioners raise concerns about healthcare fix with Obama (news.yahoo.com)